Thursday, November 4, 2010

Half Smile

I work with boys who hit me and scratch me. 

It's not their fault. They are severely handicapped. But sometimes it gets to be a  little much getting beat up on every day and I hide in the bathroom for a few minutes. 

But tonight, I was tucking the little one in, and he was sleepy so he was sitting still (for once) and he looked me right in the eyes and smiled at me a cute, perfect, little-boy, half smile. He usually can't.

But tonight he could.

We sat on his bed with him smiling at me for five minutes. I kissed his nose, he kissed mine (it's how we say goodnight) and then I turned out the light and close the door. 

Nights like tonight make it worth the scars. 

And in honor of us blowing bubbles together every night...

photo props me

Happiness - You're A Good Man Charlie Brown

3 comments:

  1. I love this. Thanks for the written snapshot of this beautiful moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this as welll.... :D

    Very lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet. :) Thanks for sharing with us, Hannah.

    :o)Sarah
    www.restlessromantic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete