Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sadness is easier because its surrender. I say make time to dance alone with one hand waving free.


I was on facebook today between classes. I saw Maci's status, quoting one of my favorite songs.

I've been complaining a lot lately. A lot!

Yeah, I've been having a bad week. Really who hasn't? It's almost finals. People are trying to get ready to move on in life or move into summer. Everyone is stressed! Not just me!

I think somewhere in my head, I thought I was the only one having a hard time. Jesus gently reminded me that this wasn't the case.

I had a good day yesterday. Spanish was canceled so no homework and Woodstock was all day long. It took my good day to realize how my bad days had been effecting people. Have you ever been having a good day and then someone being grouchy ruins it? What if I had been doing that to other people? A few friends commented that I seemed in a better mood yesterday.Yikes? Did I, in my self obsessed pity party, walk all over someone who needed me? Or maybe took someone's good day and made it bad?

Somehow I think that even though Jesus had SEVERAL days that could have been grouchy, he probably didn't ruin someone else's day cause he felt like being grumpy.

Being grumpy is the easy way out.

I guess what I'm saying is...when I start losing hope and looking at the world in a downtrodden light, it doesn't just effect me, if effects the people I love too. It's hard. There are times when I want to have a breakdown, and yeah, breakdowns are ok, but to quote a favorite movie:

"You wanna be really great? Then have the courage to fail big and stick around. Make them wonder why you're still smiling." - Claire Colburn

High Hopes - Frank Sinatra

photo props: -NoNameFace-

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry if my bad day yesterday made your good day not so good. :( Thanks for putting up with my grouchiness. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete