Sunday, May 9, 2010

I just haven't met you yet

Gigi: I may dissect each little thing and put myself out there so much but at least that means that I still care. Oh! You've think you won because women are expendable to you. You may not get hurt or make an ass of yourself that way but you don't fall in love that way either. You have not won. You're alone. I may do a lot of stupid shit but I'm still a lot closer to love than you are.

We're praying for our husbands, some friends and I. I love it. I love having that connection with him, without really knowing who he is. I love knowing that I am ready for him to come in and sweep me off my feet.

Boys usually pick my friends over me. It's happened on several occasions. I was talking to my mom about my frustration on the phone. My mom was engaged when she met my dad, and let the fighting over her begin. I've never had a boy fight for me. And that's really all I want. I want a boy to not be done until he has my entire heart. Fight for me baby! I don't care! I told mom she couldn't understand the feeling of a boy picking your friend over you cause she's never experienced it. I told her I would know the boy I should marry when I found him, cause he wouldn't like my friend first.

I watched a movie last night that I had forgotten was so close to my heart. "He's Just Not That Into You." There is a character Gigi that reminds me so much of myself. She dissects and reads into every little thing that a guy does convincing herself that he likes her. She makes up excuses to call him and stop by just to say hello. She's me in so many ways.

I talked to Maci about it one night after watching it. She felt the same way as me, an embarrassment when Gigi is doing all these things because secretly, we know exactly how she feels. Wanting to have someone.

I love what she says to Alex, the boy she likes, when she finds out that she misread all the signs. It's true. It makes me feel better about who I am. Because I do put myself out there sometimes. I do get false hope and dream about finding the right boy. I even have been known to look at a facebook page or two to see how our music tastes match up. But I never gave up on finding someone. I have never thrown in the towel on boys.

Cause I know there is one out there for me, I just haven't met him yet. I'm not giving up hope.

Gigi: Or maybe the happy ending is this, knowing after all the unreturned phone calls, broken-hearts, through the blunders and misread signals, through all the pain and embarrassment you never gave up hope.

Haven't Met You Yet - Michael Buble

Photo: [EJ PHOTO]

1 comment:

  1. love that song! and obsessed with that movie!

    basically, we are at the same place, lovely friend. i will keep praying for you [and the league of extraordinary gentlemen] ;)

    LOVES!♥

    ReplyDelete