Sunday, February 19, 2012

Oh Hannah

It's been an "Oh Hannah" week. 

I skyped with Kit yesterday. Don't you love it when Jesus puts people in your life, people you depend on so entirely, just to find out that God has even more in store for your friendship. I find myself growing closer to my maid-of-honor than I thought was possible, and realizing how entirely Jesus has placed her in my life. 

I was talking to her about my week. She laughed at the end of my 20 minute ramble of complete nonsense of a week and said..."So not only are you working and planning a wedding, but you're thinking about all that too? Oh Hannah."

It was an "Oh Hannah" week. 

It was a week of thinking. My job leaves a lot of room for thinking. Meditating? Sure. 

About marriage. About putting this man (when I'm serious he switches out of boy snail mode) entirely before myself. 

About friendships, and the death of them. And how insecure that leaves me feeling. 

About God. And the bigness of his love. And the stretches of the universe. And the concept of eternity. 

About adventure. About how I've always said I want adventure in my life, and yet when it comes, I shy away. 

Yes, an "Oh Hannah" week. 

So please forgive me for abandoning Neverland for a bit. My thoughts have been a little to big for this small piece of my heart. 

But I love you Neverland, even if I've been thinking very grown up thoughts lately. 


No comments:

Post a Comment