Monday, June 20, 2011

Uganda 2011 Entry 1

So lovely. Mama Sarah has internet access that's almost as good as home so I'll be able to update you!

The first few days have been wonderful. Kristal and Mama Sarah met Mama Sherry, Ruth, and I at the airport and we spent the day running errands (buying food, exchanging money ect) and also got delicious Ugandan pizza. No laughing. It's amazing. 

I got to see all my kiddos from last year that night. They have grown up so much. I'm having so much fun getting to know them on a more personal leverl. Last year we were always in a big group. Now I have time to talk to them one on one. We write letters back and forth and draw pictures. It's beautiful. These kids love like nobody I have ever met in my life. They are some of my favorite people in the world. 

I've also enjoyed getting to know Mama Sarah better. She is the administrator for Mama Sherry and she's so funny. We have so much fun ridding around in the van with her and laughing. 

Other than that, it's been lots of running errands with Mama Sherry and seeing the new property and building for the school. 

I love this land.

1 comment: